However, to streamline the whole process, I've decided to start this blog so there's an easy one-stop shop to get up to date on what you're all dying to know about: my boobs. Yeah, you're welcome in advance.
So here's what's going on so far (skip past this if you're not WebMD-ing along at home):
I have an approximately 3 cm lump. It's invasive ductal carcinoma, and the cells are moderately to poorly differentiated. At this point it doesn't seem like lymph nodes are involved, but who knows until they pop them open and check. I met with Dr. Beth Siegel at NYU Cancer Center yesterday, who seems nice and competent, and she scheduled me for a PET/CT scan, an MRI, and a mammogram. I had the PET scan this morning and the the MRI / mammogram are next Tuesday. I also spoke with someone at Sloan-Kettering today, and they are having a nurse read over my file to see whether I should be scheduled to meet first with a surgeon or a medical oncologist.
That's all the information I have right now, but I'll try to update this regularly so that I can hopefully spend less time talking cancer, and have more time to sit on a tuffet, eat bonbons, and pull the cancer card with enough success to get free appetizers at restaurants.
Thanks for doing this, Caitlin. Sorry we are being such pests and possibly making things worse. #1 Priority - Take care of yourself! ♥
ReplyDeleteTSG
Hi Caitlin,
ReplyDeleteThank you for including me in your select e-mail group:)
Not that you asked, but is the blog's name open for amendments?
Like what about, "Caitlin has Cancer and other Curiosities"
Maybe not....
Believing for the best
I just wanna know if we're gonna see pictures of boobs. Cuz if it gets x-rated, I may have to turn on the parental control features of the computer.
ReplyDeleteI love Melinda's title. Adds a little light touch to an all too serious subject.
And with that, let me say that we are all thinking of you. Michela even used the "my cousin has cancer and I was too upset to do my homework" excuse already.
LOVE YOU!
Cait,
ReplyDeleteThoughts, prayers and all my support to you. I'm glad to see your unique sense of humor has not evaded you!
Please let me know if there is anything I can do whatsoever. Hopefully we can talk once things quiet down a bit.
My love,
Dave
Caitlyn,
ReplyDeleteThis blog is wonderful. Sure wish I thought of this when I had cancer. Keep your wonderful sense of humor - will help you so much throughout treatment.
Don't forget, I'm only a phone call away - sometimes it helps to talk with someone who has been there.
Love and positive thoughts from your neighbor in Boonton.