Sunday, October 10, 2010

All Told, Not Bad

Status update:

Some combination of Taxol and Neulasta means that my back hurts, my neck hurts, my arms hurt, my eyebrows hurt when I wiggle them, my tongue hurts when I talk, my throat hurts when I swallow, my jaw hurts when I chew.  This is actually a great way to discover new muscles that I never gave much thought to before.  For example, I have never thought to appreciate the muscles that allow my eyelids to blink, and now they're getting their revenge.

On the up side, I think decreasing the steroids worked, because I'm not in a horrible mood.  Or at least, in a surprisingly good mood for someone whose joints and muscles are entirely on strike.  But if anyone needs me for a while, I'll be on my couch eating soup and watching TV.

Oh, and if we're counting down (because I am sure am):

TWO MORE ROUNDS OF CHEMO
ONE MORE NEULASTA SHOT

4 comments:

  1. It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN of chemo and neulasta!
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw)

    while you're on your couch I recommend you check out Damages on Netflix. It's the only show about lawyers I've ever liked. I recommend a economy sized bag of M&Ms to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you are feeling better since your post. That's just too much hurting for any one person to have to endure. Take care of yourself. Looking forward to looking back on it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYY I AM SO EXCITED! I am going to buy you a giant cupcake when I come up to NYC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in as part of the Caitlin's Great Countdown Club.

    Wondering how you are doing this evening (Tuesday).
    I will call your mom for a timely update.

    After all you have been through, being a senior citizen will feel like a breeze and you will have to tolerate listening to the rest of us carry on about our aches and pains while resisting the urge to chuckle.

    Glad to hear you are putting yourself into the not-horrible mood category. But you're entitled to switch categories with no prior notice.

    I want you to know that you are very much part of our every day thoughts and prayers. I hope the the time between now and the end of chemo goes supernaturally fast and that you would be given a small dose of amnesia - just enough for you to recover from the trauma of this ordeal.

    You are brave and strong and I want to be just like you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete