1. Visit the Statue of Liberty.
2. Shop on Madison Avenue.
3. Eat dumplings in Chinatown.
4. Come to Sloan Kettering for a chemo party.
We'll be watching How I Met Your Mother (thanks Amanda!) and doing other things that are more awesome than whatever else you were doing. And now that I mention it, maybe there will be some dumplings as well. Seriously - someone coming to chemo tomorrow let me know whether we can Seamlessweb some dumplings to the Breast Center. Blanca, I'm looking at you. Seriously...I am at your apartment right now looking at you. Maybe we can sneak them inside in plastic bags so no one smells them. Then we can all hide in this closet from the waiting room to eat them.
Three more rounds of chemo to go - come for the adventure, stay for the dumplings.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're too cute there in the closet! ;-) I was wondering when your next appt is. Hope it doesn't cause the icky doldrums like the last one. Saying some extra prayers for you! Card is ready to go... =)
ReplyDeleteOne more thing - you are the only person I know who can make chemo sound like fun.
ReplyDeleteOn another funny note,(yes, this makes two more things - we really need to talk...) we met a friend of Jonathan's last night. She was nice and sweet, but very quiet, not making much eye contact at all. Of course, I was rambling, like I always do. (I know.. just act surprised!)
After she left, Jonathan made a comment about her not looking at me and I told him that she was just nervous and that was pretty normal - she's only 18. In fact, I told him, there is only one person I know that did alot of talking when she first walked in... and I replayed the scene for him of our first meeting... LOL!
Good memories! You were so outgoing and fun that it was almost scary! I know now how nervous you were, but looking back, the whole scenario was a riot. I wish we'd recorded it all... =0)
One of the first rules they tell you when you enter Cancerland is that you shouldn't do anything if it doesn't fall into one of two categoris - you absolutely have to do it, or it makes you happy. Since I don't like the idea that I HAVE to do anything in particular, I decided that chemo would be fun. And actually, it has been!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I wish I'd recorded our first meeting too, but mostly because right now I can't remember a SINGLE THING about it except your dogs - I think their names are'Dog' and 'Other Dog,' if memory serves. :)
And the stick. Don't forget the stick. Or is that what you mean by remembering the dogs? Of all the greatest quotes that evening, the one that reverberates in my mind is: "Hi Dog!"
ReplyDelete