WOOT. Finished chemo number two today, after over three hours of playing Apples to Apples in the waiting room. (Thanks for the rousing game Mom, Dad, Nathan, Blanca, Steph, and Amanda!) We debated ordering pizza but nixed that when we remembered that probably not everyone in the waiting room has been tolerating chemo the way I have so far and would not exactly be down to see (or smell!) a giant pie on the coffee table.
My second AC was relatively uneventful, except that we played more Apples to Apples that I had a tasty chicken and veggie wrap to eat during it. I got that same really unpleasant chlorine-up-the-nose feeling towards the middle and end of the Cytoxan drip, but it goes away and there's really nothing to do about it. Afterwards, we went to a cafe where I drank my umpteenth bottle of water of the day and got some soup, and then my parents drove us all home. Steph and Amanda came over and we watched tv until I felt tired, and I went to sleep around 7:30 or so. I've woken up a bunch of times, so this is not the passed-out sleep of the dead I slept for 16 hours after my last chemo, but I sort of wish it were, since I'm not feeling so hot anyway.
As per usual in my life, I can't tell if I'm hungry or nauseous. While in normal life, I would resolve this by eating, in cancer life, eating is a little suspect right now. Plus, it's Nathan's birthday tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure "Happy Birthday" is a song better sung without my head in a toilet bowl.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment