Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Because Cool Kids Make Two Blog Posts in Twenty Minutes

I just got a phone call from Dr. Beth Siegel at NYU with the results of all my scans (PET/CT, MRI, mammogram), and it looks like there's no cancer anywhere else in my body, including my lymph nodes! So it really is just the one funky lump and nothing else, and my cancer seems to be a Stage II.


BIG FAT CELEBRATION!

13 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I say Hallelujah! Now on to your regularly scheduled program! Oh, and here's a huge (((hug))) too, just because I'm happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVERRRRRRR!!

    legit let's celebrate with ice cream and bread and desserts and cupcakes and oh I don't know probably more bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo!!!! That's great news! do it up with all those yummy carbs blanca mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw Caitlin is the best, did anyone know thaT? and you all know why!? BC she is going to kick this cancer in the boootaayyy!!!

    this is awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because cool aunts are checking your blog two times a day, I am rejoicing that you can exhale tonight.
    I have always felt that being trim and fit was entirely over-rated; Enjoy your food fest!

    p.s. - If you stop by my house you can raid the kitchen cabinet that I have dedicated to junk food. Hey, I like to think of myself as helping the local economy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such great news, Caitlin! Also, I totally agree that if cancer were a competitive sport you would win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WORD. (more jubliant post to follow post-workday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey caitlin...fantastic news!


    this is your friendly, moose-loving, beer chugging, cancer researching SOB from maine, its great to hear the news and just wanted to put myself out (i always put out) there as a resource if u need it...seems ur on top of things as usual (baha) but if u have questions concerns, i do work with a great team of cancer pathologists up here at Dana Farber (sloan-kettering is better, but still)

    love you, thoughts are with u
    sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Caitlin!! This is the best possible news at this point! Adding your blog to my Google Reader right away as well :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this. I found out at work and I started jumping up and down. People thought I was really excited about bras or something I guess... I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such good news!! I'm so happy to read this. Seriously though - I don't think this cancer realized who it was up against.

    also, in celebration, i think we should get cupcakes asap (blanca's comment made me hungry). or pizza. or we can track down the waffle truck - they have dinges too, whatever that means.

    Let me know if you need anything (including, but not limited to, a cupcake co-consumer)

    ReplyDelete
  12. we should celebrate with pizza AND cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. and figure out what a dinge is?

    seriously though my weekend is filling up pretty fast, meal-wise. lets make this binge thing happen.

    ReplyDelete