Friday, June 25, 2010

Dr. McCancercure OR Caitlin Has Cancer (Surgery) Part II : Loopy but Good but Loopy OR The Never Ending Quest for Sleep, Private Hospital Rooms, and Edible Food

Caitlin has been out of surgery for a couple of hours now and she looks well. The attempted operation to transform her into half-cyborg half-super alien has been unsuccessful, but they did still manage to get rid of that nasty cancer thing that was growing inside her. But seriously, all good news and I think I speak for everybody when I say that we're grateful that somebody as wonderful and awesome as her can fight and win against something that she was so unlucky to have in the first place.

6 comments:

  1. Dr. McCancercure? Caitlin would be proud of your ingenuity. I am very thankful that this is over and she can begin to mend. Please give her our love. Oh, and at this stage in the game, loopy is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting to express my continued willingness to be a fat-tissue donor, if your plastic surgeon still has need (You know what I mean, for, let's say, the twin girls :)!

    So, remember this? It was 7:45 pm. After establishing that the enitre hospital, and this was fact checked by the orderly, did not have even one single private room available, I gently reminded the head nurse that your situation is somewhat unique and could she at the very least, pair you up with a roomate close to your age and generally healthy. I didn't and still don't find that to be an unreasonable request.

    Still, as if we somehow accidentally showed up at Sloan-Memorial Hospital, she scolded me saying, "Miss, this IS a hospital, you know!"
    (But they did produce a great roomate for you).

    "The Accidental Patient" - maybe your next blog title?!

    I still don't know how you did it - even in the recovery room you looked fabulous.

    I'm sure you could sense that Dr. King (such a lovely lady) felt a special fondness for you. She eagerly told Nathan, your mom, dad and I that "I can see Caitlin is an exceptional young lady." She shared that since Law and Order is no longer on TV, you could give her law tips and she'd teach you a medical thing or two.

    I honestly can't remember who said it first, but we all agreed that you showed bravery and wisdom uncommon to women of any age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am petitioning for this one more time but this time I am serious :)!

    You just navigated one very important step in this journey. I think the blog title should be changed from "Caitlin has Cancer" to "Caitlin's Cure."
    (My suggestion in May was "Caitlin has Cancer and other Curiosities" )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you are feeling okay this evening. So thankful for Aunt Melinda and others who are helping you get what you need and deserve. Am very grateful to know you, an exceptional young lady indeed! If any fat tissue is still needed, I am a very willing participant as well. Plenty to spare!! Thinking about you... thanks for the text this morning... I felt SO special!! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we all have an abundance of fat we are willing to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needing an update here in Ohio... hope all is well and healing has begun! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete