Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lymphatic News (Plus Bonus Information!)

I had a sonogram of my lymph node yesterday, and despite my best efforts to shame him into a crash diet, he was unfortunately still fat enough that they want to biopsy him on Friday. It's like lipo for my lympho.

But for a bit of fun triva: Antioxidants thin your blood, so you can't drink green tea, eat acai berries, put vitamin E oil on your skin, or consume anything particularly antioxidant-rich for two days before surgery (or biopsies). My rate of aging over the next two days is going to skyrocket. By the time I get in there, that "How to Prevent Falls" pamphlet they give out standard to breast cancer patients at the hospital is actually going to be relevant to me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to count on it that Blimpie the Lymphie will just be hanging out and not have any further drama to add on Friday.
    Lots of love from the Texas Kin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about those nurses having to listen to this kind of banter... they will love you! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lipo for lympho" is a perfect book title - love it!

    Now, I realize you don't have enough extra body fat to use for the reconstructive process (I'll just call it reco from here on out!), so I wanted to let you know that you are welcome to volunteer me as a potential family donor match :)
    Just sayin....

    I will be watching for your update tomorrow and I am
    still believing for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No green tea? damn. And what about that green stuff that you used to keep in the freezer at HC? How will you live without it? :)

    ReplyDelete