Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Dense

I had a mammogram and an MRI yesterday, and learned the following:

1. They let you listen to LiteFM during an MRI, which does not drown out the insanely loud clicking noises.

2. Mammograms are basically pointless on young women, and on me in particular, because I have "dense breasts," which the doctor who analyzed the slides felt the need to illustrate to me by gratuitously poking at my extreme density through the hospital gown. Go ahead, doctor - my chest belongs to science now.

Now I just have to get the results of all these tests together in one place and ready for my appointment at Sloan Kettering on the 10th. Until then, I get to go to work every day and be normal for a while - yay!

4 comments:

  1. doctor's excuse to touch the tatas "its for science"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim and I are cracking up here. I think you ought to write for SNL. They are really at a loss for talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, they didn't let me listen to shit during my MRI, which was nearly an hour long. Can we say mild, prolonged panic attack? And the superman positioning doesn't help things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried during one of my MRIs. Then I promptly fell asleep. I was 10.

    ReplyDelete