Friday, June 11, 2010

He Isn't Fat, He's Just Big Boned

So that's why they tell you to get second opinions (and why they say Sloan K is the best hospital to be in). The Sloan gang looked over the results of the MRI I had last week and noticed something NYU apparently missed - one of my lymph nodes is fatter than the rest of them, which (I guess) means it might be chock full of cancer. So I have to get back into Sloan asap (Monday at 10:00am) to get a targeted ultrasound of the area and maybe have it biopsied if things look funky.

Anyway, cancer in my lymph nodes would be bad news bears (ie extra surgery and longer chemo), so lets all hope this lymph node is just big boned.

5 comments:

  1. Sigh. Still praying! Thinking about you today! Much love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve good news. You absolutely do.

    I am so very sorry you have to deal with all of this when at 24 yo your biggest risk factor should be texting while you are driving.

    Seems like already you have lots of med student vocab - maybe a dual MD/Attorney degree in your future?:) Think I'm on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all thinking of you down here and sending you positive thoughts. By the way, the DC girls also all agree that this blog should absolutely become a book

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Will be sending some extra good ones your way tonight and am so thankful you went for that second opinion. Loving you well. Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete