After three hours of waiting and minimal fanfare, I got my lymph node biopsied this morning. I did manage to drink three cups of coffee and nab two bags of pretzels to snack on in the Sloan waiting room though, so the morning wasn't entirely a loss. Either way, everyone who looked at my chubby lymph node today said that it was pretty unremarkable, and if we didn't already know I have cancer nearby, no one would even look at it twice. Chubs could be larger for any number of reasons, even just allergies or a cold. I should expect the results on Tuesday or Wednesday, but really, the results are more for the doctors to plan out my surgery than anything. If there is cancer in my lymph nodes, I'd be finding it out on Friday when they take some out anyway during surgery anyway, so this is basically just a sneak preview.
Normally I'm stoked about the arrival of the weekend because it means I don't have to go to work, but now I'm just stoked because it means I can't have any doctor's appointments. Happy Friday, everyone!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to know it's unremarkable. You needed that coffee after the long night of driving. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for coming to see us, even though it was crazy. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear that your "big guy" is not really a" player". I am praying that the normal pleasures of life take most of your thoughts this weekend. Sunshine, a good nights sleep, sweet dreams and I love you's. Pizza and cookies too!
ReplyDeleteStill loving you well, Aunt M and Uncle L