So I had my first chemo cocktail mixed yesterday, with an entourage in tow so big multiple hospital employees mentioned that I must be the most popular person on the floor. I gave the credit to the cupcakes (Thanks, Rush!) And thanks Mom, Nathan, Blanca, Caro, and Kyra. Next time we'll have to actually play games instead of eating and reading Kanye's twitter the whole time.
All told, it was pretty uneventful. Having lots of people there definitely helped take the edge off, and the actual infusion itself wasn't too bad. I did get what felt like a really bad sinus infection towards the end of the Cytoxan drip, but besides that, it was ok, and it went away after they gave me some Tylenol.
After chemo, we went to two different wig places to look at wigs, and by the end of the second place, I was definitely too tired to keep going. Actually, I'm not really even sure which wigs I liked because I was so tired I couldn't really make a decision. I came home around 530 and slept until 830 or so, when I woke up and Nathan made me some pumpkin ravioli with veggies and set out strawberries. Unfortunately, something about the pumpkin ravioli just set off some icky feeling in me, but the strawberries were fantastic - exactly what I wanted. We watched some of a movie, but I got really tired around 10 or so, so I fell onto my bed and didn't wake up until 10 or 11 this morning.
Fortunately, today I felt pretty good. I got up, went to the hospital with my Mom for my Neulasta shot, and got some IV fluids. Neulasta is supposed to force my body to produce extra white blood cells to replace the ones I'm losing in chemo, but it also causes bone and muscle aches, so hopefully Tylenol can knock that out.
I'm going out to dinner tonight with the girls - I think I'll be careful about what I eat, but so far I feel not so bad! Though I guess sixteen hours of sleep will do that!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pumpkin ravioli? Seriously? I will leave my comments about that for another time... Just thankful you are feeling okay. Hope you enjoy(ed) your dinner and sleep well again tonight! ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI believe we also read that oracle that is Amanda Byne's twitter account as well as Kanye's. ;)
ReplyDeleteMon 4:00pm "I am retiring."
Mon 4:05pm "I am unretiring."