Friday, June 25, 2010

My Lumps

I'll be going into surgery tomorrow morning to have some lumps removed, both the ones I grew and the one that grew inside the ones I grew. I'll also be getting some new lumps, which will be sort of fun to wake up to. I won't be able to post updates about how surgery is going or how it went, since I'll be busy being surgered or "recovering" by making rockstar-worthy requests of everyone around me. Luckily though, the official "Caitlin Has Cancer" intern will be hard at work letting you guys know what's going on when I'm in surgery, when I'm out of surgery, and where I am so you can stop by or send whatever it is people with cancer receive while in the hospital. (I think I read somewhere that the traditional gift is designer luggage stuffed with clothes, diamonds and tickets to Fiji.)

SPECIFICS:

I will arrive at the hospital at 11:15 am, and my surgery is scheduled to begin at 1:15. It should last 4 or 5 hours, after which I will go to the recovery room for another hour or two. I will be moved to my inpatient room sometime around 8:00pm. Someone will hop on the blog to post my room number, or I believe the hospital can look it up if you call and ask.

ADDRESS:
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue (between 67th and 68th)
New York, NY 10065

While you're waiting, below is a video of someone else talking about their double mastectomy. I'm not the only one who thinks it's really not going to be so bad.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you posted about the trip to Fiji, now I'm going to have to exchange those tickets!!! good luck and I'll be looking forward to your blog team's post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You woke me up today... thinking about and praying for you. The video was very encouraging and her humor sounded was great! Not sure about the diamonds, but I promise lots of cards and emails, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...er, her humor sounded great... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get the designer luggage I sent? I have been in North Carolina and Orlando? Love you!

    ReplyDelete