Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some News

I met with the gang at Sloan Kettering today and figured out some what's what. As it turns out, I am BRCA-1 positive, which means I have that weird cancer gene, which gives me a really high chance of getting breast cancer again on the other side at some point. So, in the interest of getting things done and only having to do them once, I figure I'll just get rid of all the things that want to cause me cancer. I'll be having a bilateral total mastectomy on Friday, June 25th, followed by some chemo about a month later. Oh, and I get new boobs. I'm thinking cone-shaped like 80s madonna.

5 comments:

  1. Bad news. Good news. Funny news. So much to process. So little time to do it. We will have to talk about the new shapes though. That might bother me a tad bit... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure anymore whether I love Pink or hate Pink.

    Purple or Red might be my new favorites (represents royalty or victory).

    Definitely know that I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot Madonna -- go with Lady Gaga "Alejandro" style! I will get you the brassiere she wears with the rifles attached so you can wear the newbies in style ;)

    Love you! Chin up. You are in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET DD'S SO WE CAN SHARE BRAS. (if i ever become a 34....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caitlin,
    Just wanted to let you know how admirable your sense of humor is. Truly speaks worlds about you. Praying for the best,
    -Brian

    ReplyDelete